Deadline: 9 June 2020
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Program Assistant in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Program Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Responsible for time management and scheduling on behalf of Country Manager to include (i) effective prioritizing and resolving related conflicts and competing departments; and (ii) monitoring and communicating changes and other information to the appropriate staff, inside and outside the immediate work unit, including IFC stakeholders.
- Provide full logistical and secretarial support to the country front office, including: (i) arranging travel schedules; (ii) organizing meetings, senior management visits and knowledge sharing events (iii) maintaining up-to-date work unit projects and other files (both paper and electronic); (iv) providing primary assistance in the implementation of the front office’s work program, including task management, database management, editorial assistance, procurement matters and other general administrative tasks etc.
- Undertake representational duties on behalf of Country Manager, to include serving as first point of contact and liaison with clients and officials both inside (including coordination with World Bank office, other regional country offices, Headquarters, etc.) and outside the Bank Group.
- Provide effective general research support and utilizes all relevant computer software to retrieve, maintain and manipulate data as needed.
- Independently respond to diverse inquiries and makes decisions when multiple courses of action are possible.
- Coordinate and monitor multiple and diverse work processes and activities to ensure that management decisions are properly carried out and products are delivered in a timely manner.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- 5-7 year’s of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and proficiency of technology or/and systems relevant to functional area.
- Demonstration of initiative in learning and/or supporting implementation of emerging technology and systems.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, monitor and implement tasks and projects with minimal supervision and resolve competing demands.
- Ability to identify and resolve diverse issues/problems as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and independently determining an appropriate application.
- Relevant functional knowledge and understanding of institutional priorities, policies, operational and administrative procedures and people.
- Ability and motivation to proactively learn new developments in relevant policies, procedures and technology.
- Ability to provide support to team members (Administrative Client Support), giving instructions when necessary to improve work performance and promote collaboration within team.
- Ability to interact with clients with discretion and diplomacy.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate in a constructive and professional manner.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills in English are required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IFC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.