Deadline: 13 April 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Program Assistant in Bamako, Mali.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Program Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Facilitate the processing of contracts for consultants, vendors and external partners that support the office in programme delivery this includes preparing and filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates, uploading TOR’s in VISION, and making necessary logistical arrangements. Keeps vendor lists, partners, and consultant rosters up to date.
- Collect invoices and filing documents for approval and thereafter processing in VISION and Service Gateway.
- Prepare and maintain records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation and financial expenditures.
- Support the management of administrative supplies and office equipment.
- Maintain office calendar and arranging meetings and taking minutes of meetings and keeping the correspondence of the team well organized.
- Provide travel assistance to staff members in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies.
- Liaise with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Maintain and update a system which monitors the absence of staff.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or University courses related to the work of the organization.
- Minimum 5 year’s progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in French and good working knowledge of English required.
- Knowledge of the local language of the duty station is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.