Deadline: 17 September 2018
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Assistant in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration for this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Program Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Manage the Practice Manager’s calendar.
- Organize mission activities which include preparation/updating of mission itineraries and briefing materials, coordination of meeting schedule, travel, and security arrangements, etc.
- Undertake standard logistical preparations for various events, e.g. meetings, conferences, workshops, etc .
- Coordinate with Program Assistants in field offices in the eight countries and Washington DC.
- Apply effective proofreading and grammar skills in English on a variety of routine documents.
- Identify and resolve diverse issues/problems as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and independently determining the appropriate application.
- Use word processing or desktop publishing skills to produce complex text, reports, figures, graphs, etc., according to standard Bank formats and distribution.
- Maintain current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distributes documents for the team.
- Monitor task budget/trust funds for specific projects.
- Prepare standard system generated and customized reports, memoranda, and other communications.
- Additional ad-hoc responsibilities as assigned by SAR Regional hub located Practice Managers.
- Ensure day to day smooth running of the office space, including ensuring all aspects of the office are functioning (photocopiers, paper supply, coffee/tea facilities, etc) and if not following up with Facilities Management staff to address in a timely manner.
- Ensure that procedures are in the place in the office for safety, evacuation etc.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to interact diplomatically with clients and staff at all levels, recognized ability to exercise good judgment in interpersonal dealings at all levels and in handling confidential information.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and time management skills.
- Effective analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of World Bank products.
- Demonstrated experience of supporting lending and supervision processes of World Bank.
- Ability to use World Bank operations portal.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and proficiency of technology or/and systems relevant to functional area.
- Excellent skill in preparing PowerPoint and other visual presentation.
- Prior work experience in an international environment is an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and writing/editing skills in English.
- Nationality of Thailand.
How to apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.