Deadline: 21 May 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Assistant in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 2 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Program Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Provide primary assistance in the implementation of the unit’s work program, including some specialized support in specific areas e.g. task management, procurement, database management, information technology, editorial assistance, etc..
- Assist team or work unit by translating/drafting a variety of routine documents, applying effective proofreading and grammar skills in English and Myanmar language.
- Identify and resolve diverse issues/problems as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and independently determining the appropriate application.
- Use word processing or desktop publishing skills to produce complex text, reports, figures, graphs, etc., according to standard Bank formats and distribution.
- Coordinate team schedules, meetings, and appointments, undertake standard logistical preparations for various events, e.g. meetings, conferences, workshops, negotiations, etc..
- Organize mission activities which include preparation/updating of mission itineraries and briefing materials, coordination of meeting schedule, travel, and security arrangements, etc..
- Maintain current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distributes documents for the team.
Applicants must have:
- High School Certificate/Diploma with a minimum of 5 year’s relevant experience or Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 3 year’s of relevant experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to interact diplomatically with clients and staff at all levels, recognized ability to exercise good judgment in interpersonal dealings at all levels and in handling confidential information.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and time management skills.
- Effective analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and proficiency of technology or/and systems relevant to functional area.
- Excellent skill in preparing PowerPoint and other visual presentation.
- Prior work experience in an international environment is an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and writing/editing skills in English and Myanmar language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.