Deadline: 15 July 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Programme Managemen Support
- Provide programme and administrative support to the programme team in the preparation of various programme documents, such as work plans, budgets, reports and proposals on programme implementation arrangements.
- Under the guidance of the supervisor, assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations for the programme unit.
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, and other material as required.
- Assist the programme team in reviewing and preparing documentation on the procurement of goods and services, and support contract tracking.
- Help the team in providing guidance to the country and project offices on routine implementation of the project, tracking use of financial resources.
- Financial Management Support
- Use Atlas to prepare required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial closure of the project.
- Create requisitions in Atlas for receipt of goods and services, including making budget check for requisitions, POs and vouchers.
- Support the programme team in the financial management of the project.
- Organize, compile and process information from the donor as well as from the programme team, and keep track of the information through databases and e-filing.
- Support the programme team in the tracking of and reporting on mobilized resources.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- University Degree (or equivalent) in Business or Public Administration or related field is an asset.
- 5 year’s with Secondary education or 2 year’s with Bachelor’s degree of progressively responsible experience with administrative tasks.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages.
- Experience in working with ATLAS is an advantage.
- Work experience in administrative support of development programme/project is an advantage.
- Work experience within the UN system is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of another UN official language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.