Deadline: 15 July 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Programme Managemen Support
- Provide programme and administrative support to the programme team in the preparation of various programme documents, such as work plans, budgets, reports and proposals on programme implementation arrangements.
- Under the guidance of the supervisor, assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations for the programme unit.
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, and other material as required.
- Assist the programme team in reviewing and preparing documentation on the procurement of goods and services, and support contract tracking.
- Help the team in providing guidance to the country and project offices on routine implementation of the project, tracking use of financial resources.
- Financial Management Support
- Use Atlas to prepare required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial closure of the project.
- Create requisitions in Atlas for receipt of goods and services, including making budget check for requisitions, POs and vouchers.
- Support the programme team in the financial management of the project.
- Organize, compile and process information from the donor as well as from the programme team, and keep track of the information through databases and e-filing.
- Support the programme team in the tracking of and reporting on mobilized resources.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- University Degree (or equivalent) in Business or Public Administration or related field is an asset.
- 5 year’s with Secondary education or 2 year’s with Bachelor’s degree of progressively responsible experience with administrative tasks.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages.
- Experience in working with ATLAS is an advantage.
- Work experience in administrative support of development programme/project is an advantage.
- Work experience within the UN system is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of another UN official language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.