Deadline: 9 July 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Accra, Ghana. The duration of this post is 6 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Assist in receiving visitors and answer telephones, direct calls and take messages.
- Register, classify and route incoming correspondence, documents and other materials.
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, and other activities.
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer.
- Collects and delivers mail, pouches and other communications from and to the post office, government agencies and other institutions.
- Sorts, delivers and picks up mail from various offices on the promises at regular intervals. Keeps records as required.
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, duplicating machines and personal computers.
- Using appropriate tracking tools, follow-up on and ensure that target dates and deadlines are met, and that correspondence and queries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Prepare travel requests for official WHO travel. Make flight and hotel reservations, etc.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education and/or equivalent technical or commercial education.
- Training in typing/secretarial tasks and/or in a clerical field is desirable.
- 2 to 4 year’s of experience in clerical or office work.
- Experience working in WHO would be an added advantage.
- Excellent Communication skills (both written and spoken).
- Knowledge of Word Processing, Spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Experience working successfully in similar position as outlined in the scope of work.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and working knowledge of local language will be an asset.
- Nationality of Ghana.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.