Deadline: 27 November 2022
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Baghdad, Iraq. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Provide full administrative support to the assigned programme.
- Draft, review and revise correspondence, reports and documents for proper format and content in consultation with the supervisor. Independently compose correspondence of administrative nature, take notes at meetings, provides informal interpretation/translation when required;
- Prepare and process travel requests for team members using GSM, arrange for visa issuance, security clearance, flight and hotel bookings, follows up travel related issues of national and international missions
- Scan, record, refer and follow up correspondence and documents, evaluate the urgency or critical nature bringing them to the attention of the responsible staff.
- Inform and remind responsible staff of follow-up dates, response or specific actions, supplying supporting material as appropriate;
- Using GSM, monitor aspects of the implementation of country activities, funds for project/programme budget levels and financial expenditures, according to the approved country workplan.
- Initiate and process different transactions in GSM, including procurement of goods and services.
- Follows up with concerned parties the receipt of deliverables and finalization of payments;
- Compile background material for planning, monitoring and evaluation (including mini-review) exercises.
- Maintain and update the filing of technical documents and correspondence (soft/hard copies and databases if applicable).
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education supplemented by secretarial training
- University degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset.
- At least five years’ progressive administrative experience
- Relevant experience in the UN system.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Local Language.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.