Deadline: 08 January 2023
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Tbilisi, Georgia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Drafts correspondence and documents based on written/verbal prompts from the Professional staff of the unit.
- Independently composes and finalizes correspondence of administrative nature.
- Revises unit correspondence, reports, and documents for proper form and (non-technical) content.
- Provides rough translation or synopsis of incoming mail, and drafts from standard texts and phrases outgoing correspondence in a second working language.
- Takes notes at meetings.
- Types reports and other documentation.
- Arranges duty travel.
- Scans, records, refers and follows up correspondence and documents, evaluates the urgency or critical nature of items, and brings them to the attention of the responsible staff.
- Informs and reminds responsible staff of follow-up dates and deadlines for response or specific actions, supplying supporting material as appropriate.
- Using GSM, monitors aspects of the implementation of activities and availability of funds for project/programme budget levels and financial expenditures, according to the approved projects.
- Assembles draft background for planning, monitoring and evaluation exercises. Inputs duty travel recommendations and issues reminders re follow up, records project/programme monitoring and evaluation notes.
- Keeps financial records for the programme activities; provides operational support in preparation, processing and following up of committal documents within the framework of programme implementation, including preparation of budget breakdowns for the committal documents related to programme activities.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Relevant higher education from an accredited institution.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the secretarial/administrative field, including one year’s experience in in an international environment such as: WHO/UN, governmental/public, intergovernmental organizations and/or non-governmental organizations.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Local language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.