Deadline: 2 August 2017
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Dushanbe, Tajikistan. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Draft correspondence and documents based on written/verbal prompts from the Professional staff of the unit.
- Independently composes and finalizes correspondence of administrative nature.
- Revise unit correspondence, reports, and documents for proper form and (non-technical) content.
- Provide rough translation or synopsis of incoming mail, and drafts from standard texts and phrases outgoing correspondence in a second working language.
- Scan, records, refers and follows up correspondence and documents, evaluates the urgency or critical nature of items, and brings them to the attention of the responsible staff.
- Inform and reminds responsible staff of follow-up dates and deadlines for response or specific actions, supplying supporting material as appropriate.
- Using GSM, monitors aspects of the implementation of activities and availability of funds for project/programme budget levels and financial expenditures, according to the approved projects.
- Assemble draft background for planning, monitoring and evaluation exercises. Inputs duty travel recommendations and issues reminders re follow up, records project/programme monitoring and evaluation notes.
- Make administrative arrangements for country and inter country activities including preparation of various committal documents related to procurement of goods and services, arrangements of study tours and duty travel in accordance with the approved programme budget/collaborative programmes with countries.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Relevant higher education from an accredited institution.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the secretarial/administrative field , including 2 years experience in an international environment such as: WHO/UN, governmental/public, intergovernmental organizations and non-governmental organizations.
- Previous work experience in the field of disability rehabilitation is desirable.
- Proficiency in the use of standard office computer software, note taking and operation of computerised systems and databases.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Russian.
- Intermediate knowledge of Tajik.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.