Deadline: 2 August 2017
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Dushanbe, Tajikistan. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Draft correspondence and documents based on written/verbal prompts from the Professional staff of the unit.
- Independently composes and finalizes correspondence of administrative nature.
- Revise unit correspondence, reports, and documents for proper form and (non-technical) content.
- Provide rough translation or synopsis of incoming mail, and drafts from standard texts and phrases outgoing correspondence in a second working language.
- Scan, records, refers and follows up correspondence and documents, evaluates the urgency or critical nature of items, and brings them to the attention of the responsible staff.
- Inform and reminds responsible staff of follow-up dates and deadlines for response or specific actions, supplying supporting material as appropriate.
- Using GSM, monitors aspects of the implementation of activities and availability of funds for project/programme budget levels and financial expenditures, according to the approved projects.
- Assemble draft background for planning, monitoring and evaluation exercises. Inputs duty travel recommendations and issues reminders re follow up, records project/programme monitoring and evaluation notes.
- Make administrative arrangements for country and inter country activities including preparation of various committal documents related to procurement of goods and services, arrangements of study tours and duty travel in accordance with the approved programme budget/collaborative programmes with countries.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Relevant higher education from an accredited institution.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the secretarial/administrative field , including 2 years experience in an international environment such as: WHO/UN, governmental/public, intergovernmental organizations and non-governmental organizations.
- Previous work experience in the field of disability rehabilitation is desirable.
- Proficiency in the use of standard office computer software, note taking and operation of computerised systems and databases.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Russian.
- Intermediate knowledge of Tajik.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.