Deadline: 23 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Damascus, Syria.
The Programme Assistant will support Chief of Field Operations through providing a range of procedural, administrative, and operational support in developing, implementing, executing and monitoring their country programme.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, synthesizes and compiles qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
- Drafts project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Prepares monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
- Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information in support of preparing reports pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
- Researches, analyzes, verifies and synthesizes information on best practices and lessons learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building.
- Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by preparing training materials and participating on exercises pertaining to program processes and procedures which aim to build capacity of stakeholders.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.