Deadline: 6 December 2016
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Banjul, Gambia.
The Programme Assistant will support the respective section through providing a range of procedural, administrative, and operational support in developing, implementing, executing and monitoring their country programme, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Research, analyze, verify, synthesize and compile qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
- Draft project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Carry out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Monitor and track the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
- Prepare monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
- Monitor budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
- Research, analyze, verify, and synthesize data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
- Carry out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for applicant’s section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
- Research, analyze, verify and synthesize information on best practices and lessons learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- University degree will be an asset.
- Minimum 6 years (GS posts) and 5 years (GS-5 posts) of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Professional level work experience will be an asset.
- Fluency in English and in the local language of the duty station required.
- Nationality of Gambia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.