Deadline: 4 February 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Papua New Guinea.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Research, analyses, verifies, and compiles qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the Dep Rep’s office to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
- Carry out transactions in SAP ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are accurate, supporting documents are available and cleared by the relevant officers and the Deputy Representative as needed, and makes amendments when necessary.
- Monitor and tracks documents in and out of the Deputy Rep’s office to ensure proper documents, accurate information and smooth knowledge transfer and exchange.
- Prepare summary information as per the request of the supervisor for different programme activities, project implementation liaising with all programme sections.
- Support the Deputy Representative in monitoring budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, and keep the supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of High school supplemented by university degree and courses in administration, business management, political science, accounting, or any other relevant courses and Diplomas is an asset.
- 5 years of professional experience in business management and administration is required. Experience in an international organization and large corporation is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience in database packages, web based management systems (preferably SAP) is an asset.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Nationality of Papua New Guinea.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.