Deadline: 12 August 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions-
- Provide advanced administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes
- Provide advanced administrative support and inputs in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements.
- Provide technical guidance on programme delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances.
- Coordinate the collection of information for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations.
- Review programme data from programmes/ projects for website.
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for documents, guidelines, speeches, reports, and position papers.
- Provide advanced administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project.
- Monitor budget preparation and the finances of programmes/projects; prepare periodic reports; finalize FACE forms.
- Review financial reports; prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects.
- Maintain internal expenditures control system; post transactions in Atlas.
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas.
- Prepare and follow up of cost-recovery bills in Atlas.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Political Science (Economics Section), Business or Public Administration, development studies or other relevant degrees.
- At least 7 year’s of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management/support.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages.
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
- Experience in supporting a team.
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English and Arabic required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.