Deadline: 9 July 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions-
- Analyze and provide administrative support to the Justice Section (60%).
- Contribute to management of the Justice Section (15%).
- Support the preparation of Justice Section project and activity documents and reports (15%).
- Support activities related to resource mobilization for Justice Section’s work in West and Central Africa (15%).
- Facilitate coordination with colleagues in HQ to ensure smooth implementation of activities (10%).
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Degree in business, management or public administration (or relevant) corresponding to 3 year’s or more of post-secondary education is an asset.
- At least 6 year’s of experience in administrative, programme and /or management support in an international organization and/or a non-governmental organization and/or the private sector.
- Experience in administrative, programme and /or management support to technical assistance programmes in the field of drugs, crime or terrorism is required.
- Knowledge of United Nations procedures and rules is an asset.
- Working experience with U.N. administration and financial management is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, internet, e-mail) are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.