Deadline: 27 June 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Associate will work with and provide support to the members of the Programme Team in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions-
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes:
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements.
- Provide technical guidance to the MCO/COs and executing agencies on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances.
- Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit:
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project.
- Provide administrative support in monitoring budget preparation and the finances of programmes/projects; including the finalization of FACE forms.
- Provide administrative support to the Programme Unit:
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions.
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims.
- Prepare public information materials and briefing packets.
- Provide administrative support to Resource Mobilization:
- Prepare cost-sharing and other agreements; follow up on contributions within the MCO/CO resource mobilization efforts.
- Organize, compile and process information from donors, MCO/CO, and programme team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Provide administrative support synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to programme management and finance.
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management/support.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages.
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
- Experience in supporting a team.
- Fluency in English and Hindi is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.