Deadline: 14 June 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions-
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements.
- Provide technical guidance to the CO and executing agencies on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances.
- Prepare information for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations.
- Review programme data from programmes/ projects for the website.
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers.
- Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project.
- Provide administrative support in monitoring budget preparation and the finances of programmes/projects; including the finalization of FACE forms.
- Process payment for consultants.
- Maintain internal expenditures control system for programme.
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas.
- Provide administrative support to the Programme Unit
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions.
- Make travel arrangements for the Office personnel and event participants, including travel requisitions and claims, security clearance and waiver forms.
- Maintain in/out correspondence register, prepare Note Verbales, letters, and other communication for the Office, respond to invitations.
- Prepare public information materials and briefing packets.
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least 6 year’s of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management/support.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages.
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
- Experience in supporting a team.
- Fluency in English and Russian is required.
- Knowledge of Kazakh is an asset.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- Nationality of Kazakhstan.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.