Deadline: 17 July 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate (Financial Inclusion) in Maputo, Mozambique. The duration of this post is 9 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate (Financial Inclusion) will perform the following functions:
- Development and/or update of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to guide on grant management and reporting in collaboration with relevant units.
- Support the development of tools needed for budgeting, monitoring, and carrying out expenses in line with reporting requirements.
- Monitor and advise the project management on the financial status of projects and programmes (including pending and approved budgets; contributions confirmed but not yet available for expenditure; contributions available for expenditure and contributions already expended).
- Advise and support on financial and administrative matters.
- Monitor commitments and expenditures of budgets and other funds allotments and ensuring that utilization of funds is in accordance with agreements.
- Ensure transparent and efficient utilization of WFP’s financial resources.
- Support informed financial decision making.
- Participate in preparing the WFP budgets and Donor Agreement (including GCF agreements and other).
Applicants must have:
- Degree and further studies desirable in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields.
- At least 3 year’s of working experience.
- Experience working in the finance or resource management or analytical function in a humanitarian institution.
- Experience in preparation of donor financial reports.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.