Deadline: 17 July 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate (Financial Inclusion) in Maputo, Mozambique. The duration of this post is 9 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Associate (Financial Inclusion) will perform the following functions:
- Development and/or update of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to guide on grant management and reporting in collaboration with relevant units.
- Support the development of tools needed for budgeting, monitoring, and carrying out expenses in line with reporting requirements.
- Monitor and advise the project management on the financial status of projects and programmes (including pending and approved budgets; contributions confirmed but not yet available for expenditure; contributions available for expenditure and contributions already expended).
- Advise and support on financial and administrative matters.
- Monitor commitments and expenditures of budgets and other funds allotments and ensuring that utilization of funds is in accordance with agreements.
- Ensure transparent and efficient utilization of WFP’s financial resources.
- Support informed financial decision making.
- Participate in preparing the WFP budgets and Donor Agreement (including GCF agreements and other).
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Degree and further studies desirable in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields.
- At least 3 year’s of working experience.
- Experience working in the finance or resource management or analytical function in a humanitarian institution.
- Experience in preparation of donor financial reports.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.