Deadline: 13 July 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Coordinator, Gender Responsive Governance in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Coordinator, Gender Responsive Governance will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate the programme management support for the Gender responsive Governance Programme
- Coordinate the overall Programme work plan development and implementation according to Strategic Note/ programme document.
- Support the Programme Specialist with liaising with the Programme Board, national counterparts, donors, UN Women and partners to ensure the program results are achieved and resources are managed.
- Provide technical guidance to personnel and partners on Results Based Management tools and performance indicators.
- Ensure proper reporting and monitoring of budget and results in line with UN Women policies, practices and systems.
- Analyze and ensure alignment of project budgets with logical framework matrices and work plans.
- Establish systems for project planning, implementation and monitoring, in collaboration with partners.
- Record and maintain documents on relevant Programme activities, issues, and risks.
- Guide coordination with national partners and other stakeholders
- Coordinate relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the Gender responsive Governance Programme/Portfolio, raise potential problems and provide solutions.
- Act as Secretary of the Project Steering Committee, and liaise with national counterparts and partners to ensure the Programme results are achieved and resources are managed.
- Provide guidance to partners on establishment of performance indicators, and monitoring achievement of results.
- Provide technical assistance, training, and capacity development initiatives to Government partners according to the annual workplan.
- Participate in policy dialogues with national counterparts and provide technical advice on issues relevant to Gender and Governance, mainly pertaining to the implementation of NASPAW and relevant gender policies.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in public administration, law, human rights, gender equality, management, social sciences or other related areas is required.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Project/programme management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 year’s of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in managing complex and multi-component programme interventions with national partners, preferably related to governance and/or gender equality.
- Experience in coordinating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development programmes and projects.
- Previous experience working in the UN system is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Myanmar is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- Knowledge of atlas and or other UN ERB is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.