Deadline: 7 June 2018
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Assistant in Manama, Bahrain.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Management Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Programme Management: Assist in the coordination of programme and project planning and preparation work for projects, activities and legal instruments in West Asia.
- Monitors status of project proposals, legal instruments and receipts of relevant documentation for review and approval.
- Compiles, summarizes, and presents basic information, projects’ data and related topics or issues.
- Reviews project documents, legal instruments, contracts, especially cost plans/budgets, for completeness and compliance with relevant rules and procedures prior to submission for final approval and signature.
- Identify inconsistencies; distributes project documents to relevant parties upon approval, as appropriate.
Applicants must have-
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Formal training and certification in the field of administration, project management, budget and finance and any related fields is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of computer skills in Microsoft is also highly desirable.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in programme support, administrative services, finance, accounting, human resources, or related area is required.
- Knowledge and experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools is desirable. Experience in working with other UN system entities is an asset.
- Working experience in environmental programme management is also an asset.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations secretariat.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNEP.