Deadline: 20 December 2019
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Assistant in Paris, France.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Programme Management Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Programme Monitoring and Evaluation
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of Multilateral Fund programmes/projects; collects, categorizes, updates, tracks and analyses data related to programmes/projects, e.g. accounting records, outputs, deviations/revisions, etc.
- Serve as focal point for coordination, monitoring, expedition and implementation of Capacity Building projects and activities, involving extensive liaison with a diverse organizational units to initiate requests, prepare standard terms of reference against programme/project objectives, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on administrative actions and resolve issues related to project implementation, e.g. recruitment and appointment of consultants, travel arrangements, organization of and participation in meetings/training, authorization of payments, disbursement of funds, procurement of equipment and services, etc.
- Collaborate with programme/project managers on performance reporting; liaises with relevant parties on status and progress of projects/ activities in the approved annual work plan; provides assistance on preparing various elements for the annual reports submitted to the Multilateral Fund Secretariat and Ozone Secretariat and ensures completeness and accuracy of data submitted.
- Deliver presentation at various training workshops/meetings on the latest capacity building tools and materials to encourage stakeholders to use and incorporate these in their daily implementation work.
- Programme Management
- Provide general assistance in support of planning and implementation of approved activities/projects, including all related administrative processes for the Capacity Building Team and the entire OzonAction Branch as needed.
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of programme/project budget proposals; provides assistance in the interpretation of budget guidelines.
- Assist in the coordination of programme/project planning and preparation; monitors status of programme/project proposals; takes necessary action to ensure outputs/legal instruments/administrative documents are completed and submitted to relevant parties for approval.
- Research, compile, analyse, summarize, and present basic information/data on specific programmes/project and related topics.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Supplemental training in project/programme administration or related area is highly desirable.
- Passed the United Nations Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) or Global General Service Test (GGST) at Headquarters or an equivalent locally-administered test at Offices Away for Headquarters (OAH).
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme administration, technical cooperation or related area is required.
- Experience in providing substantive support to senior management, managing priorities and monitoring multiple and diverse activities and work processes is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNEP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.