Deadline: 13 April 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management – Associate in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Programme Management – Associate will perform the following functions:
- Support the GM, DGM and CPMT colleagues to carry out their work by providing internal backstopping, including when staff are out of the office.
- Assist with the periodic preparation of SGP workshops, retreats, and related events and tasks, in particular as regards to their administrative and logistical aspects, notetaking, assist visitors and guests, and other similar undertakings as needed.
- Establishment of an effective system and network for exchange of information on administrative matters with internal and external partners.
- Facilitate the engagement and provision of high-quality results and services of the CPMT through effective work planning, assist with monitoring work processes and ensuring compliance with existing policies and best practices.
- Support the DGM and GM with general administrative support as required including efficient management of schedules and organizing official meetings with internal and external partners in accordance with applicable protocol.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary education preferably with specialized administrative training.
- University Degree in Public Administration or related field is desirable.
- Minimum 6 year’s of experience preferably in data and information management and analysis.
- Experience in the usage of computers, proficiency with office software packages (MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel etc), and in handling web-based management systems.
- Pre-existing knowledge of the UN, UNDP Rules & Regulations and organizational structures would be an asset.
- Prior exposure to the structure of the United Nations system, in particular with regard to human resources and communications desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English essential.
- Spoken and written fluency in French and/or Spanish highly desirable.
- Knowledge of another UN official language an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.