Deadline: 2 June 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Associate in Yangon, Myanmar.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Management Associate will perform the following functions:
- Undertake low value procurement in line with the UNOPS Procurement Manual including raising requisitions, assist in preparation of specifications and TOR, obtaining quotations, evaluation; prepare purchase orders, contract management and payments.
- Participate in relevant procurement evaluation committees and meeting.
- Coordinate with MMOC Support Service Unit on provision of quality office supplies, equipment and general service support.
- Travel and logistics support
- Coordination of travel arrangements for Programme Management Office core team- prepare, process and follow-up on administrative arrangements and logistics matter.
- Coordinate requests for vehicles for field trips for the Funds and programmes in close collaboration with the assistants and MMOC Support Services.
- Prepare travel and visa applications and other administrative formalities for all retainers/consultants managed by the Funds and programmes in coordination with MMOC Protocol unit.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary education is required.
- University Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies or any related field is desirable.
- Minimum 6 year’s of responsible administrative or programme support experience, preferably with an international organization, is required.
- Proven experience and knowledge of project administration would be an asset.
- Prior related experience in the UN system is an asset.
- Previous successful involvement with and a good knowledge of NGOs & civil society would be an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills in a multi-cultural environment, including communication skills and the ability to work independently, as well as in a team setting will be an asset.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft packages (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access) is required.
- Experience with Google Suite is highly preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Myanmar languages is required.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.