Deadline: 22 April 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management (Land Specialist) in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is 6 months.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Management (Land Specialist) will perform the following functions:
- Slum upgrading feasibility study:
- Contribute in the development of a legal model for long term transfer of land to individual titles.
- Advice on an affordable and accessible financial model to support the land tenure model for the long term upgrading of the Kasokoso and Kinawataka informal settlements
- Contribute in finding ways to determine within existing national policy and legal frameworks a fair price for encumbered land and transfer to attain secure individual tenure rights.
- Land Audit:
- Collaborate with the Technical team to identify and verify vacant or under settled land within 5km and 10km radius of the KJE Right of Way.
- Develop ranking criteria to be able to identify land suited for resettlement of households and incremental housing.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in land management and administration or land economics from a recognized University is required.
- Master’s Degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
- 4 year’s of relevant experience is required in real estate and housing tenure.
- Previous experience and knowledge in the country context related field is desired.
- Experience working and championing for land rights within disadvantaged communities is desired.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.