Deadline: 12 June 2020
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Officer in Nairobi, Kenya.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Lead the research and preparation of reports, analytical briefings and profiles on funding partners including their policies, trends and potential support to UNEP.
- Prepare strategies for member state funding partners in close collaboration with regional offices.
- Support the establishment, development and maintenance of relationships with new member state funding partners and the maintenance of existing funding partnerships, including organizing meetings and consultations with regional and political groups and individual member states or groups of member states.
- Coordinate the recording and follow-up action of the meetings.
- Lead the development and production of analysis of the organization’s funding and income patterns.
- Prepare recommendations on potential sources of funding, with focus on member state resources, for filling the gaps in resources that have been identified in the Programme of Work and its sub programmes.
- Develop and implement concepts and mechanisms for attracting softly earmarked funding, e.g. thematic funds and multi-partner trust funds, as a complementary source to core funding in close collaboration with programme divisions.
- Research, analyze and present information on fund raising activities and strategies undertaken by other organizations in order to identify best practices and ideas for enhancing UNEP’s resource mobilization activities.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in marketing, business administration, business management, communications, international relations, social sciences, public administration or a related field.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 7 year’s of progressively responsible work experience in client relations, marketing, advertising, public relations, resource mobilization, project or programme management, administration or related area is required.
- Proven ability to provide quality analysis and reports with recommendations for management/client action is required.
- Experience in an international organisation is an advantage.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Working knowledge of French or Spanish is desirable.
- Knowledge of other UN official languages such as Arabic, Chinese Mandarin or Russian is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNEP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.