Deadline: 5 August 2020
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Officer in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects on marine litter.
- Monitor and analyze programme/project development and implementation.
- Review relevant documents and reports.
- Identify problems and issues to be addressed and propose corrective actions.
- Liaise with relevant parties.
- Identify and track follow-up actions.
- Perform consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assist in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
- Research, analyze and present information gathered from diverse sources.
- Assist in policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies.
- Undertake survey initiatives; designs data collection tools.
- Review, analyze and interpret responses, identify problems/issues and prepare conclusions.
- Prepare various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies and inputs to publications.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in environmental management, economics or a related field is required.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s of progressively responsible work experience in project or programme management, administration or related area is required.
- Work experience at both the intergovernmental and national level is an desirable.
- Work experience in developing countries is desirable.
- Work experience within the UN system is desirable.
- Experience working with global partnerships relevant to marine litter is desirable.
- Experience working with the Regional Seas Conventions and Action Plans or other MEAs is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNEP.