Deadline: 5 August 2020
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Officer in Nairobi, Kenya.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects on marine litter.
- Monitor and analyze programme/project development and implementation.
- Review relevant documents and reports.
- Identify problems and issues to be addressed and propose corrective actions.
- Liaise with relevant parties.
- Identify and track follow-up actions.
- Perform consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assist in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
- Research, analyze and present information gathered from diverse sources.
- Assist in policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies.
- Undertake survey initiatives; designs data collection tools.
- Review, analyze and interpret responses, identify problems/issues and prepare conclusions.
- Prepare various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies and inputs to publications.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in environmental management, economics or a related field is required.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s of progressively responsible work experience in project or programme management, administration or related area is required.
- Work experience at both the intergovernmental and national level is an desirable.
- Work experience in developing countries is desirable.
- Work experience within the UN system is desirable.
- Experience working with global partnerships relevant to marine litter is desirable.
- Experience working with the Regional Seas Conventions and Action Plans or other MEAs is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNEP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.