Deadline: 29 January 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Officer will perform the following functions-
- Carry out basic research on selected aspects of programmes, operations and other activities.
- Collect, analyse and present statistical data and other information gathered from diverse sources.
- Provide substantive support for policy coordination and evaluation functions, including the review and analysis of emerging development issues and trends, participation in impact evaluation or equivalent studies.
- Participate in survey initiatives.
- Contribute to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications.
- Undertake outreach activities.
- Participate in field missions, including provision of substantive and administrative support, data collection, etc..
- Coordinate activities related to budget funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements) and preparation of related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget.).
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in business administration or public administration, social science, political science, international relations or a related field.
- 3 year’s of relevant experience in project or programme management, administration at national and international level or related area.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Extent and relevance of experience in the field of administration, finance, programme management.
- Extent and relevance of experience in management support of programmes/projects in developing countries and namely for planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Extent and relevance of experience in results-based management and support.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.