Deadline: 8 May 2020
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer in Pretoria, South Africa. The duration of this post is 24 months.
IUCN provides public, private and non-governmental organizations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Officer will perform the following functions:
- Papaco communications.
- Website support and social media management.
- Publication editing.
- Support to implementation of training activities.
- Prepare and participate to IUCN World Conservation Congress and other large scale meetings.
- Administrative support.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree from accredited institution (translation, administration, communication).
- At least 2 year’s experience with an international organization dealing with conservation issues.
- Fluency in English and French (written, spoken, read).
- Knowledge of Spanish (third IUCN official language) is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IUCN.