Deadline: 23 June 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 6 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Officer will perform the following functions:
- Provide Guidance and advice to the Director, DHI in managing the overall budget planning, financial management administration and facilitating the human resource related planning and operations of the offices.
- Manage and monitor the budget and finance of the office and develops innovative approaches to financial management, developing new best practices for financial resources.
- Oversee, quality assurance and compliance of transactions and allocates financial resources and award mapping for the office, providing periodic financial reports, data, and statistics in accordance with WHO’s rules and regulations and donor requirements.
- Analyse financial data and provides advice to decision makers on the financial administration of the programme area.
- Assist the Director or responsible officers in coordinating the operational work planning processes.
- Responsible for reviewing contracts and donor proposals and agreements and liaise with responsible technical officers and partners accordingly.
- Work closely with the Director/Responsible Officer and/or technical staff in supporting fundraising and resource mobilization activities accordingly.
- Organize the administrative functions of the offices and oversees the effective work of administrative support staff to ensure effective programmatic and administrative support.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Level University Degree (Master’s level or above) in Business Administration, Management, Accounting, Finance or related field relevant to the position.
- Minimum 7 year’s professional experience in conducting financial management, budget and work planning related programme activities as well as working in the area of administration.
- Demonstrated experience at the international level.
- Experience working in an international organization.
- Strong expertise in budget and financial planning and accounting.
- Concrete skills in project management and work planning.
- Strong skills in utilizing Enterprise Resource Planning Oracle systems or similar packages.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.