Deadline: 10 March 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer – Gender equality Health and HIV in Adjumani, Uganda. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Programme Officer – Gender equality Health and HIV will perform the following functions-
- Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies in the area of Gender equality, Health and HIV.
- Provide technical support to the implementation and management of the Gender equality, Health and HIV programme.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity development support to project / programme partners.
- Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme / project.
- Provide technical inputs to the management of people and finances of Gender equality, Health and HIV programme.
- Contribute to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies.
- Provide technical inputs to inter-agency coordination on Gender equality, Health and HIV to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in Uganda.
- Provide inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of Secondary education required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least 7 year’s of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management / support.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages.
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
- Experience in supporting a team.
- Fluency in English required.
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
- Knowledge of Uganda and the Great Lakes region is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.