Deadline: 07 December 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer in Bangkok, Thailand.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Officer will perform following functions-
- Coordinate and provide support on overall innovation strategy/action plan, including formulation, design, planning and implementation in close collaboration with Global Innovation Centre, Headquarter Innovation Unit and Regional Office where applicable.
- Co-lead (with Programme Sections) the implementation of Innovation Challenge activities including actively looking for funding and partnership opportunities and support other partner organizations innovation lab outcomes as they pertain to children, through coaching and mentorship.
- Provide on-going technical support to programme and communication colleagues to support mainstreaming innovation as a core strategy of the Country Programme.
- Build the capacity of UNICEF staff, government counterparts and other end users in the country; using human-centered design methodology to ensure sustainable solutions to issues affecting children and young people.
- Develop partnerships and network with local innovators, youth organizations, NGOs, cultural and religious organizations, the private sector, local media and academia to build and provide a space to nurture and test new and innovative ideas, develop the next generation of thought leaders and build local capacity.
- Coordinate and support development and testing of innovation products and processes to strengthen and improve efficiency and effectiveness of UNICEF programming, monitoring and evaluation, advocacy and communication.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Information Technology, Social Sciences, Business Administration or other relevant disciplines *A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 2 of relevant professional experience in.
- Developing country work experience and familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Experience in programme design, management and direct implementation of Innovation initiatives is required.
- Experience with innovations engaging with young people would be desirable.
- Experience in applying human-centered design approaches to social sector challenges is essential.
- Experience in East Asia Pacific and Thailand is an asset.
- Familiarity with UNICEF and the UN system is an asset.
- Fluency in English and another UN language.
- Fluency in Thai is an asset.
- Good leadership, coaching, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.