Deadline: 25 January 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post Programme & Planning Manager in Abuja, Nigeria.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme & Planning Manager will perform the following functions:
- Programme Development and Management:
- Prepare program recommendations for inclusion in formal programme documentation, and new approaches, methods and practices.
- Draft changes to/or prepare programme work plans as required.
- Prepare relevant programme reports required for management, the Executive Board, donors, budget reviews, programme analysis, annual reports, etc.
- Optimum Use of Program Funds:
- Establish and supervise programme work plans and monitor progress and compliance.
- Monitor the overall allocation and disbursement of programme funds, making sure that funds are properly coordinated, monitored and liquidated.
- Ensure programme efficiency and delivery through a rigorous and transparent approach to programme planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Rights-Based and Results-Based Programme Management Approach:
- Adopt a rights-based programme approach in the formulation of programme goals and objectives and development of strategies and implementation frameworks.
- Formulate consistent and effective planning, design, implementation, monitoring and/or evaluation of programmes and projects.
- Bring coherence, synergy and added value to the programming planning and design processes using a results-based management approach to programme planning and design.
- National and Local Capacity Building/Sustainability:
- Provide government authorities with technical support and guidance to plan and organize training programmes for the purpose of capacity building and programme sustainability.
- Ensure the building and reinforcing of the commitment and institutional capacities of the national and local partners starting with taking a strategic approach to the identification of these partners and partnerships.
- Rights Perspective and Advocacy at the National, Community and Family Levels:
- Conduct policy analysis from a children’s and women’s rights perspective and advocacy at the government, community and family levels for elevating credibility in national and international policy debates.
- Promote the organizational goals of UNICEF through active advocacy and communication.
- Partnership, Coordination and Collaboration:
- Develop partnership and collaboration with internal and external counterparts, including those of the UN and national partners, in order to improve the ability to collect and disseminate development data and information, exchange information on programme/project status and implementation and movement/distribution of supplies.
- Collaborate with the Operations Section to establish and maintain sound internal controls supportive of programming endeavors and to coordinate financial and supply management requirements and accountability.
- Plans, develops and implements sectoral programme(s) by collaborating with the government and other partners.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant discipline.
- 8 years of relevant professional work experience is required.
- Experience supervising staff and in working in UNICEF programme countries are assets.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.