Deadline: 27 April 2022
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer (Cash Based Transfer) in Kabul, Afghanistan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Policy Officer (Cash Based Transfer) will perform the following functions:
- Oversee FSP contract implementation, including but not limited to expiration dates, financial limits, and performance bonds.
- As per the WFP CBT business process, follow the sectorial assessments with functional units and make sure all sectorial assessments are done and up to date.
- Support the implementation of the CBT assurance framework.
- Develop and provide technical guidance to facilitate implementation and monitoring of CBT programmes /activities and provide training to WFP Field Offices and partner staff.
- Primary liaison focal point with WFP Field Offices regarding design and implementation of CBT supported projects.
- Coordinate with various WFP units and proactively explore new partnership opportunities with financial service providers
- Develop and sustain liaison with relevant government authorities, UN agencies and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) engaged in the field of CBT activities.
- Ensure compliance with WFP’s policies, criteria and procedures with respect to CBT programmes,
- Assist Head of Programme and Head of CBT Programme in all matters related to the delivery of WFP assistance and bring to the attention of appropriate regional/country office staff any administrative constraints arising from rapidly evolving emergency situations in the field.
- Provide inputs to the Country Office risk matrix related to CBT and follow up on mitigation measures.
Applicants must have:
- At least a master’s degree in Agriculture Economics, Statistics, Social Sciences, International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Business Administration, or another discipline relevant to international development/humanitarian assistance.
- At least eight years of relevant experience and exposure to CBT management systems and implementation.
- Good oral and written language skills in English, Dari and Pashto.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.