Deadline: 31 July 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist in Harare, Zimbabwe. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide advisory and programme development services to the strengthening national institutions Portfolio:
- Draft country strategy documents, briefs, policy dialogue and other documents related to strengthening national institutions for gender equality in Zimbabwe.
- Draft the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives.
- Translate the priorities in the Country Office Strategic Note on institutional capacity development of national partners including government, CSOs and independent institutions into programme interventions.
- Participate in midlevel and technical level meetings and policy dialogues on issues related to supporting and strengthening institutions to effectively deliver on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- Identify areas for support and interventions within the portfolio within the UN system and with external partners of Government, private sector and civil society.
- Provide programme advisory support to the Office Management, as necessary.
- Oversee the implementation and management of the programme on strengthening national institutions:
- Develop annual work plans and budgets and oversee implementation of planned interventions.
- Draft results based reports on activities, outputs and outcomes; as well as donor and UN Women corporate reports.
- Ensure adherence to standard UN Women procedures in planning and implementation of programmes/ projects.
- Ensure synergies within and with other programme/ project teams in the country office.
- Oversee the technical implementation and conceptualization of the programme/project.
- Manage the submission of implementing partner/responsible partners’ financial and narrative reports.
- Provide guidance to staff and partners on RBM tools and performance indicators on national capacity development for gender equality.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in economics, law, policy administration, development studies, development policy, gender studies, social studies, human rights or related fields.
- 7 year’s of relevant experience at the national or international level in programmes to advance gender equality including working with national institutions, with responsibility for the design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Strong knowledge of international, regional and national instruments, resolutions, policies and conventions that protect women’s human rights, including Convention for the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW), Beijing Platform for Action (BPFA) and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Strong links with national networks, actors and partners in government, civil society, traditional leaders, parliament, media, academia, private sector, including experience in strengthening capacities of national and local partners.
- Demonstrated skills in resource mobilization and familiarity with donor priorities in Zimbabwe.
- Experience working in the UN System is an asset.
- Management experience is an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Shona.
- Working knowledge in any of the official UN languages is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.