Deadline: 17 June 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist in Brussels, Belgium. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Programme Management
- Provide substantive and technical support to programme implementation through conceptualization, formulation and design of capacity building interventions (e.g. project documents concept notes, guidelines, toolkits, manuals, background documents, policy papers, training manuals etc.).
- Lead the delivery of the structured formalisation and business acceleration package for ASMEs for selected countries.
- Monitor the progress on the programme’s results framework and performance indicators and take action/decision and/or provide timely support to project staff.
- Coordinate the preparation of work plans, and produce timely reports as required by UNDP and donor reporting systems.
- Partnerships and Policy Advocacy
- Under the guidance of the Project Manager, mobilize, foster and strengthen strategic partnerships with intergovernmental organisations, regional institutions of the ACP, private sector, industry associations, multi-lateral and bilateral organizations, UN agencies, civil society actors, academia and research institutions to advance and support the programme.
- Seek and identify additional partnership and funding opportunities for scaling up project activities, and oversee the preparation of funding proposals, briefings and presentations in support of resource mobilization to advance the programme’s goals.
- Provide strategic inputs into policy dialogues at regional, sub-regional and country levels that improve the profile and management of the Development Minerals sector.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in mining, geology, public policy, development studies, economics, business administration, development studies or a related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3 year’s of experience in the mining sector may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in the fields of sustainable development, natural resource management, extractive industries, economics, private sector development or in a related field.
- Experience with the workings of the UN, European Union institutions and the Secretariat of the ACP Group of States is an asset.
- Experience in gender equality, women’s economic empowerment is an asset.
- Field experience is an asset.
- Very good command of spoken and written English required..
- Fluency in spoken and written French is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.