Deadline: 9 August 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist in Dili, East Timor. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Thorough analysis and research of the political, social and economic situation in the country and collaborative preparation/revision of the main UN-UNDP planning and programming documents (CCA, UNDAF, CPD, CPAP).
- Operationalization of UNDAF/CPD in collaboration with the main partners and other UN Agencies. Identification of possibilities for joint programming of UNDP with other UN agencies across all areas of the programme portfolio.
- Development and implementation of interventions, products and policy advisory services that aim to support effective and efficient implementation of Sustainable Development Goals at national and sub-national level in Timor Leste, including their financing.
- Identification of strategic opportunities for integrated programming between key programme areas, their conceptualization, design and development, ensuring synergies and complementarities among various components and projects of the UNDP programme portfolio.
- Seek and apply new and innovative approaches to programme design and implementation with a view to accelerate the country’s achievement of SDGs. Keep abreast of regional and global experience in implementation of SDGs and seek ways to apply them in Timor Leste.
- Country Office (CO) business processes mapping and establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Results Management, control of the workflows in the Programme Unit.
- Represent the CD in high-level meetings when requested.
- Represent the programme unit in development partners’ coordination meetings and other technical meetings/events.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Public Administration, Economics, Development Studies, Social Sciences, or related field.
- Bachelors’ degree in the same fields plus 7 years of relevant experience may be considered.
- Minimum 5 years (or 7 years with a Bachelor’s degree) of experience in development planning and policy making at the national or international level, including experience in design and management of development programmes.
- Experience in providing development advisory services to a range of clients and in public policy research and analysis.
- Hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Fluency in English and Tetum.
- Working knowledge of Portuguese would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.