Deadline: 15 August 2022
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Support Trainee in Meiganga, Cameroon. The duration of this post is 12 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Support Trainee will perform the following functions:
- Lead the review of donor or activity reports (compile and proofread inputs from the field based team, coordinate with field teams to address comments made by the coordination team in Yaoundé on reports, ensure respect of deadlines).
- Support the Programme Manager in implementing and monitoring projects:
- Development of activity ToR when relevant
- Update project related workplans on a regular basis
- Provide support to programme team for activity implementation
- Support on analyzing and managing protection data in coordination with MEAL/PIM team
- Coordinate with the MEAL team to ensure completion of the PMT (Project Monitoring Tool)
- Coordinate with the Yaoundé-based programme team for the development of project proposals and cost-extensions
- Support the MEAL team responsible for all capitalization responsibilities
- Support capacity building of the field teams (activity reports, donor reports…)
- Support the Program Manager in building the MEAL and assessment capacity of his/her teams (Team Leader, Officer, Assistant and Coach)
- Represent DRC in various meetings and fora when requested by the Programme Manager
Applicants must have:
- Post-graduate degree/ University Degree (Bachelor or Master) in International Development/ Development Studies, International Relations, Economics, Political Science/ Public Affairs, Business Administration or Management, agriculture, or another relevant field is required;
- Programme management experience is an asset;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with a well-developed ability to motivate and persuade at high levels;
- Full professional fluency in French language
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Understanding of the different contexts of the West and Central Africa Region;
- Excellent Computer Skills (MS Office, Internet) and an advanced proficiency in Excel are required.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.