Deadline: 23 May 2021
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Assistant in Yerevan, Armenia. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Maintain project financial records locally and facilitate monitoring systems in close collaboration with Project Assistant in Moscow office to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for daily transactions and reports.
- Prepare contracts for financial clearance and payment. Ensure the correctness and appropriateness of types of contracts used with each activity, and ensure all necessary supporting documents are attached.
- Draft correspondence as needed, to verify data, address and answer queries and follow-up as necessary with project and ILO staff. Draw the attention of the NPC to matters requiring immediate attention.
- Assist the NPC in the programming and preparation of budget estimates and expenditure forecasts by analysing and monitoring the situation of resources as compared to planned activities.
- Review and request additional information on the financial reports of project implementing partners, ensuring compliance with ILO rules, as well as donor requirements, before submitting to the Finance Unit.
- Provide support, when necessary, in the preparation and running of project workshops and meetings.
- Assist in monitoring the development plans and priorities, reports and other relevant information of project implementing partners with a view of identifying potential areas for cooperation.
- Assist the project team in Yerevan to ensure field level information and data required for preparation of operational reports and performance indicators are provided.
- Draft documents, meeting notes, other analysis as instructed by the NPC and in accordance with standard office procedures.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary education.
- 5 year’s progressively responsible administrative and procurement work experience with some training in a field of financial administration.
- Proven experience of supporting implementation of technical cooperation projects and working effectively with government bodies in charge of policy making and with development partners would be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian and a good knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of Russian language is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.