Deadline: 12 January 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Associate in Panama City, Panama. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Project Associate will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative support to the UNDP Global ABS project, most importantly its Project Coordination Unit (PCU).
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Associate will perform the following functions-
- Serve as point of contact on administrative and operational issues between the Project Coordination Unit (PCU) and UNDP finance, other support staff, UNDP country offices, and national implementation teams.
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with management and administrative requirements from donors (technical and financial reports, budget compliance and audits at the global and country levels, time-sheets, communication guidelines, etc.).
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with UNDP-specific processes in managing financial resources, monitoring and evaluation, travel arrangements, etc.
- Assist with the development and output of implementation materials, including project documents, guidance materials, templates, technical reports, etc. as required.
- Support the recruitment of personnel, consultants or service providers ensuring compliance with the applicable UNDP rules & regulations.
- Facilitate the preparation and organization of international and national meetings and workshops, including obtaining bids, organizing travel arrangements as required, including of the Project Steering Committee (PSC), etc.
- Facilitate knowledge-building and sharing and provide support and input to the platforms created.
- Support the PCU in meetings with key stakeholders as required.
- Support the PCU in relevant exchanges as required.
- Ensure results-based project development and management throughout the different stages of project implementation.
- Manage information flows and support regular reviews by the PM regarding project details, schedules, risks, deliverables and budgets to ensure implementation is on track.
- Monitor quality indicators and administer quality review processes and independent evaluations of the Initiative.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary education, preferably with specialized training in administration, accounting and finance.
- University degree in business or public administration, finance, economics, environmental sciences, political or social sciences is desirable, but not a requirement.
- Prince2 (or similar) and/or CIPS certification would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years progressively responsible experience required at the national or international level, providing administrative and management support to project/programme implementation and oversight.
- Experience in budget management and reporting, human resources and consultant management, technical report writing and communications experience would be an asset.
- Experience in results-based and results-oriented project implementation and management is an asset.
- Experience supporting high-profile projects involving government stakeholders is desirable.
- Experience with developing and handling reliable and complex spreadsheets and data bases, and with handling web-based ERP/management systems (preferably PeopleSoft i.e. ATLAS) is required.
- Experience organizing exchange workshops and/or training activities at the international level is required.
- Working experience in an international organization and with developing countries is an advantage, as is knowledge of UNDP policies, procedures and practices.
- Full computer literacy including advanced knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheet and database packages, and web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English and national language of the duty station, with good writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency in other UN languages, especially French, is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.