Deadline: 20 December 2018
World Health Organisation (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Management Officer in Ankara, Turkey. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Project Management Officer will provide project management support in the implementation of the technical and operational plans related to the BPRM project, coordinate the allocation and use of financial resources and manage grants in close consultation with related teams, to ensure the effective delivery of technical programmes in support to the full cycle of the respective project.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Management Officer will perform following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Provide technical support to the overall programme management, grants management, budget, work planning, including the development, day-to-day operation, monitoring and evaluation of work plans to ensure the effective execution of the project activities.
- Collaborate, with technical leads and other teams, in the development, implementation and monitoring of the technical, operational and HR work plans.
- Ensure proper use of designated funds to achieve results as per defined indicators; underpin compliance with project management principles.
- Liaise with Resource Mobilization Officer to secure rapid funding for immediate needs; with sustainable, predictable financing for programme activities.
- Coordinate the analysis, consolidation and dissemination of information on programme management.
- Contribute to the preparation of monitoring and progress reports, briefings, proposals, reports, communications and advocacy documents required for strategic decision making.
- Attend various project management meetings, coordinate relevant activities, ensure predictable follow-up on agreed action points with relevant stakeholders.
- Develop flexible and innovative solutions to support WHO’s outbreak and health emergency operations, in line with the project document and the emergency standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Perform any other related duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- University degree in management, administration, health policy/planning, economics, social development, social sciences or international relations from a recognized/accredited institute.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in project management with experience in planning, grants management, budget, finance and/or related field, including sound understanding of resource mobilization.
- Related experience in the context of outbreaks and/or emergency programmes.
- Proven knowledge of project management, budgetary, financial, practices and the ability to develop improved systems that support these processes.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyse and synthesize information from multiple sources.
- Excellent knowledge and expertise in project design, monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong professional skills in the development of reports and persuasive documents.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WHO.