Deadline: 29 July 2017
USAID is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Management Specialist in Afghanistan.
USAID partner to end extreme poverty and promote resilient, democratic societies while advancing our security and prosperity.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
- The incumbent manages and provides technical guidance on USAID/Afghanistan’s agriculture portfolio, including: negotiating work priorities; expediting activity implementation matters; identifying and resolving program issues; monitoring to ensure development activities are carried out in a technically-sound, timely, and cost-effective manner; and assuring that activities are carried out in accordance with all applicable Mission and Agency directives and requirements.
- The incumbent reviews performance reports to ensure that Implementing Partners (IPs) are in compliance with host-government agreements, and with the performance expectations outlined in their work plan and in their contract/agreement with the USAID/Afghanistan.
- The incumbent prepares and approves activity designs, creates results-based monitoring plans, and draft annual PPR narratives and Key Issue reports.
- The incumbent reviews and approves implementing partners work plans (life of project [LOP] and annual), monitoring and evaluation plans (in collaboration with the OAG Program Analyst/Monitoring and Evaluation), branding and marking plans (in collaboration with the Program Office Development Outreach and Communication adviser/specialist), gender analyses (in collaboration with the OAG Program Management Specialist/Gender), environmental mitigation and monitoring plans (in collaboration with the Mission Environmental Officer), and other required core project documents.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business administration, economics, management, international development, or related development and social science fields is required.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in project management, agriculture development, rural development, or survey planning and administration is required.
- Fluency speaking/reading of English and Fluency speaking/reading of Dari and Pashto is required.
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants can submit their applications to the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit USAID.