Deadline: 18 June 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Management Support – Officer in Harare, Zimbabwe.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Project Management Support – Officer will perform the following functions:
- Project Implementation
- Support the Support Services Manager in ensuring UNOPS Policies and Procedures, Financial Rules and Regulations (FR&R) are adhered to for efficient project implementation and progress.
- Monitor project financials and advise the Support Services Manager accordingly.
- Track expenditure and take relevant action when required to revise budgets (realignment and amendment).
- Financial and procurement management
- Maintain all supporting project financial documents for audit and review processes.
- Ensure accurate data entry into UNOPS ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system to ensure real time tracking and asset management under the project activities.
- Monitor project budget and financial expenditure and all administrative procedures in line with the work plan.
- Process direct payments and advance requests and prepare project budget revisions.
- Project monitoring and reporting
- Provide substantive inputs to assist the Support Services Manager in the preparation of project reports and documents.
- Maintain records of project files and other supporting documents.
- Maintain the following records: Quality Register, Configuration Item Records and all other registers/logs delegated by the Project Manager.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree / first level) with a combination of 2 additional year’s of relevant experience in Business Administration, Project Management, Operations Management, Logistics, International Relations or other relevant discipline may be accepted in lieu of the advance university degree.
- Advanced University Degree in relevant discipline is an asset.
- Minimum 2 year’s relevant experience in Project Management support and Operations Management is required.
- At least 2 year’s experience in budget management and reporting is required.
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of UN rules and procedures in Procurement, Finance, HR Management and administrative rules and regulations will be an added advantage.
- Experience in humanitarian emergency operating contexts and UN procurement regulations and rules is an asset.
- Excellent command of English language (oral and written) is required.
- Working knowledge of another, official UN language will be an asset.
- Nationality of Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.