Deadline: 17 August 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Management Support Officer in Yangon, Myanmar.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Management Support Officer will perform the following functions:
- Development and planning
- In conjunction with the 3PI team, provides appropriate levels of programmatic management and administrative support to the Project Management regarding all ongoing project activities, while maintaining and implementing appropriate standards and best practices in line with UNOPS policies and procedures.
- Facilitate the project managers in compliance with service agreements and project documents.
- Ensure proper development, implementation and, as and when appropriate, amendments, of project budgets and staffing resources by consultation with PMs, ensuring synergies across 3PI.
- Develop and maintain resource tracking systems for use within 3PI, complementary to UNOPS’ online tools, to ensure effective planning, forecasting and tracking of delivery across 3PI
- Identify and anticipate in a timely manner, potential risks and issues and advises mitigating measures to PMs.
- Set-up and closure
- Facilitate the development of high-level/project plans, including the collation of lower-level plans into project-level milestones.
- Develop, track and maintain dependencies.
- Liaise closely and support the Finance Senior Officer in all project assets and finance related issues.
- For project closure purposes, acts as a focal point between PM and Project Closure Team throughout the process.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Business Administration or related field (e.g. International Relations) is required.
- PRINCE2 Foundation Certification is highly desirable.
- MSP certification (Foundation and/or Practitioner) is an advantage.
- Minimum at least 2 year’s of relevant and progressive professional experience, specifically in the field of Project Management with experience of successful implementation and/or oversight of programmes and projects.
- Previous experience of working within a PMO environment is an advantage.
- Detailed knowledge of UNOPS’ project management tools, UNOPS financial and procurement rules and regulations, and financial management tools, is essential.
- Strong experience with data analysis, management reporting and project management tools and information management systems.
- Full working knowledge of English/Myanmar is essential.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.