Deadline: 19 June 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Management Support Specialist in Mogadishu, Somalia.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Project Management Support Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Project Implementation
- Preparation and maintenance of project files, including internal and external project (operational and highlights) reports.
- Manage information flows and oversee change controls, risk registers and issue management by establishing document control procedures.
- Manage assigned delivery of work packages and take responsibility for progress.
- Coordinate and liaise with the Senior Project Manager on the implementation progress.
- Financial and Procurement Management
- Maintain all supporting project financial documents for audit and review processes.
- Ensure accurate data entry into UNOPS ERP system (OneUNOPS) and OneUNOPS Projects, as appropriate.
- Support the Senior Project Manager with the processing of direct payments and advance requests and assist with project budget revisions.
- Support the Senior Project Manager by monitoring budgets, cash flow and reporting on expense obligations to ensure that deliverables are met.
- Project monitoring and reporting (Delivery and Performance):
- Support implementation of approved project plans (including the establishment of milestones) under the guidance of the Senior Project Manager.
- Provide substantive inputs for the development of project strategies and schedules and manage work packages.
- Managing information flow by keeping, circulating and archiving detailed project notes and records.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Political and/or Social Sciences, Law, Emergency Management, International Relations or other relevant disciplines is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Political and/or Social Sciences, Law, Emergency Management, International Relations or other relevant disciplines with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Diploma Certificate in Public Administration, Business Administration, Political and/or Social Sciences, Law, Emergency Management, International Relations or other relevant disciplines with a combination of 4 additional year’s of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- PRINCE2® Foundation/Practitioner is an asset, but required completion within the first 6 months of on-boarding.
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant and progressive professional experience, specifically in the field of either Project Management, Programme Management or Operations Management with a focus on monitoring, reporting, development and coordination is required.
- Experience in collecting and processing data to produce high level statistics and charts.
- Proven ability to write and compile high quality reports is an advantage.
- Proven track record with at least 3 year’s experience in coordination is an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English Language is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.