Deadline: 7 January 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager – Governance, Transparency, Accountability and Anti-Corruption in Bangkok, Thailand.
The Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating, planning, monitoring and implementing the regional project “Promoting a Fair Business Environment in ASEAN” (the Project).
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Business Development Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Effective planning and monitoring of the project in coordination with UNDP country offices and national stakeholders:
- Develop and monitor project work plans in close coordination with UNDP country offices and national stakeholders.
- Ensure that project workplans adhere to the business case of the Project and seek guidance from the Board where needed.
- Ensure quality control for the reports and alignment with UNDP and the donor’s corporate reporting tools.
- Administration of the project in line with corporate guidelines and systems:
- Review the quality of products/deliverables.
- Ensure project deliverables are completed on time.
- Monitor Responsible Parties and subcontractor’s performance to ensure technical quality of the output.
- Oversee the organization of expressions of interest and grant allocations to Country Offices and Responsible Parties.
- Advice and technical backstopping:
- Assist the Senior Advisor with providing advisory services to government agencies, private sector counterparts, as well as country offices in Asia and the Pacific in the area of transparency, accountability and anti-corruption.
- Provide technical backstopping to country offices in the context of the project on Promoting a Fair Business Environment in ASEAN, in areas such as anti-corruption, judicial transparency, public procurement and responsible business conduct.
- Assist with resource mobilization and partnership-building:
- Support resource mobilization, including through the development of concept notes, project documents and detailed budget plans.
- Keep up-to-date with the work of other development partners working in the area of transparency, accountability, and anti-corruption in the region.
- Represent UNDP in relevant regional events and fora.
- Knowledge management:
- Provide guidance to ensure that communication around the project and dissemination of knowledge products produced by the team are carried out to maximize outreach and impact of the project.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in Public Administration, Management, Social Science or related fields.
- At least 7 years of relevant professional experience, including 5 years of project management and policy work in the area of governance, transparency, accountability and anti-corruption;
- Experience with administering large-scale projects that require coordination with various partners is a strong asset;
- Experience working in the Asia-Pacific region is highly desirable;
- Knowledge and experience of UNDP or UN Common System is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral. Working knowledge of another UN official language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.