Deadline: 16 August 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Kyiv, Ukraine.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions:
- Stakeholder Management:
- Establish solid working relationship with the project board (Executive, Senior Users and Senior Suppliers), client and key stakeholders.
- Manage communications and ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, exceptions and are in a position to accept handover products.
- Advise the client on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance).
- Manage the information flows between the Project Board/OC Director and the project.
- Delivery and Performance:
- Develop and maintain packages’ plans.
- Implement approved packages’ plans (including the establishment of milestones) within tolerances set by the project board.
- Embed sustainability dimensions including social and gender inclusion, environmental and economic aspects into project life cycle.
- Manage the production of the required products, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Business Administration, Management, International Relations, Economics, Law, Humanitarian Studies, etc.) is required
- Bachelors’ Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of relevant experience may substitute for the Master’s Degree.
- Master’s Degree minimum 5 year’s or with Bachelor’s Degree a minimum 7 year’s of relevant and progressive professional experience, specifically in the field of Project Management and Implementation, Operations Management with focus on development, coordination, monitoring, and reporting is required.
Demonstrated understanding of the functioning of the state institutions and the rule of law sector in Ukraine would be an advantage.
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of the UN rules and procedures in Procurement, Finance, HR Management, and administrative rules and regulations would be an advantage.
- Oral and written fluency in English.
- Ukrainian and Russian is required.
- Nationality of Ukraine.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.