Deadline: 27 July 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager Project Support in Adjumani, Uganda.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Project Manager Project Support will perform the following functions:
- Project development
- Under the supervision of the Area Manager, contribute in drafting concept papers and proposal development.
- Identify gaps in terms of NURI project and generate ideas to address them with strong impact for the beneficiaries.
- Carry out risk analysis in order to design adequate responses.
- Together with the program team and Head of Programs identify opportunities for further development of program activities.
- Project management
- Oversee and conduct strategic planning and development of DRC program in the operational areas.
- Develop annual, bi-annual and quarterly project work plans and corresponding budgets for the infrastructure projects being implemented in the target districts.
- Supervise proper and timely implementation of infrastructure projects in consultation with Donors, district authorities and technical staff, and other stakeholders, and according to agreed policies and donor requirements.
- Supervise relevant beneficiary data collection and relevant assessments in the project area.
- Provide feedback to the management on general policy matters, program activities and external relations to the Area Manager in Arua and Head of Programs in Kampala, based on agreed formats and schedules.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Development studies, Business Administration or similar.
- 5 year’s of post-graduate relevant work experience.
- 3 year’s of relevant work experience from a least developed country.
- Relevant experience from 3 projects in a similar position.
- Relevant experience with RI, WRM or similar work programs.
- Preferably level C1 in speaking and writing English (according to the common European framework of reference for language scale.
- Relevant work experience from northern Uganda.
- Knowledge of one or more of the local languages widely spoken in the covered districts preferably: Alur, Lugbara, Luo and Madi.
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken) is essential.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.