Deadline: 26 December 2016
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Nampula Province, Mozambique.
UNFPA expands the possibilities for women and young people to lead healthy and productive lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions-
- Ensure that the different components are integrated and that inputs from as wide a cross section as possible are incorporated to facilitate successful implementation of the programme.
- Responsible for providing critical technical input into project implementation and overall management and supervision of the project.
- Manage and provide consistent supervision to the Zambezia coordinator, M&E assistant, and the Administrative and Finance Assistant.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s with honours degree (licenciatura) or Master’s degree (with 5 years of relevant experience) or with 10 years of relevant experience in management & administration, public health social sciences or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience in project implementation of similar scope project.
- Training or certification in project management.
- Knowledge and understanding of social sciences, health or related disciplines.
- Exposure to UN and/or other donors reporting procedures/standards and working experience would be of distinct advantage.
- Extensive experience working with governments, bilateral and multilateral development agencies and civil society organizations.
- Strong pro-active leadership skills, including strong interpersonal skills with ability to multi-task and maintain effective work relationships in a multi- cultural environment.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to express ideas clearly, concisely and effectively, orally and in writing, in English and Portuguese.
- Experience of working with UN systems and/or other development partners.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software in full Microsoft Office equipment and office technology.
- Ability to work in a complex environment.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Ability to take instructions and follow up tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are essential, fluency in Portuguese is required.
- Nationality of Mozambique.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNFPA.