Deadline: 27 July 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer in Arawa, Papua New Guinea. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Project Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support the PBF Programme Coordinator to ensure that UN’s support is contributing to peace, security and governance in Bougainville.
- Manage day to day administrative matters for the Project under the direction of the PBF Programme Coordinator.
- Implement the Project activities and related procurement of goods and services in accordance with UNDP and the Internal Control Framework.
- Account for the achievement of project outputs in line with the approved workplan and budget through the day-to-day planning, management, coordination and implementation of activities.
- Timely delivery of progress reports, adequate implementation of project activities and sharing of experiences between PBF projects and implementing partners on the ground.
- Ensure fair and transparent personnel management and procurement of goods and services in accordance with the UNDP procurement rules.
- Effective coordination and enhancement of partnership of the PBF project stakeholders.
- Ensure continuous communication between implementing partners and PBF UN Recipients Organisations (PBF) and the PBF Secretariat.
- Identify additional areas of synergy and cooperation amongst UN agencies for joint implementation of this Programme.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Political Sciences, Social Sciences, Public Administration, Economics or related field.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience working in the field of community security/governance, peacebuilding, resilience and social cohesion building, or related experience in development or humanitarian programmes.
- At least 3 years of progressive responsibility in project or programme management, including personnel management, budgetary and financial management.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience on cross-cutting issues, including field experience on gender equality, HIV & AIDS and women’s rights issues.
- A demonstrated understanding of the critical aspects of human rights, gender, and, specifically, gender power relations within the PNG/Bougainville cultural context.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and liaison skills.
- Strong written and spoken English.
- Nationality of Papua New Guinea.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.