Deadline: 16 September 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Public and Climate Finance Specialist in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Public and Climate Finance Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Climate Finance Network
- Develop a work plan and roadmap that achieves the objectives of the CFN in India.
- Coordinate and convene stakeholder consultations including at the Federal and State Level.
- Support in implementation of the CFN activities.
- Technical support and inputs for development of the project document for submission to the donor.
- Monitor and quality assurance of the activities and deliverables under the CFN.
- SDG Finance Facility
- Liaison and Coordination: Effective liaison between members of the platform – including donor partners, technical partners, government counterparts and other UNDP teams/ UN agencies.
- Instrument scoping and structuring for Green, SDG and Municipal Bonds which will involve analysis of market potential and viability as well as outlining appropriate structures in consultation with partners.
- Carry out basic due diligence, evaluating regulatory constraints (if any), market opportunities and determining overall financial and social attractiveness.
- Identify key risks and mitigation factors and providing in-depth strategic and analytical support.
- Mapping and Landscape Assessment: Using current available information to map, analyze and interpret current and future potential for Green, SDG and Municipal bonds – including identifying trends and areas of growth.
- Develop and implement strategy for outreach accordingly.
- Operations related responsibilities
- Preparing periodic (quarterly/ semi-annual) progress reports for donors/ partners.
- Curate and coordinate various meetings, roadshows and workshops conducted by CFLN and SFF.
- Ongoing monitoring and coordination.
- Support UNDP India with development of additional SDG Finance Initiatives
- Support requests from country office colleagues for development of proposals and concepts; and possibly execution of climate and public finance related work.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced degree in public administration, finance/ public/ climate finance, public policy or related areas.
- At least 7 years of directly relevant professional experience in public financial management; financial services or consulting/ advisory (with focus on climate/ public finance).
- Practical experience working with or supporting Government Departments and Ministries (Finance/ Planning/ Local Governments/ ULBs).
- Ability to work on multiple projects and with different teams.
- Experience on researching, reporting, writing and editing documents (including drafting status/ progress reports/ minutes etc.).
- Knowledge of financial markets, debt instruments and innovative financial instruments financial instruments – particularly green and municipal bonds highly desirable.
- Proven experience in planning and implementation of projects involving multiple stakeholders, in time-bound manner
Extremely task/ detail oriented.
- Able to communicate clear ideas across a variety of mediums (in-person, phone, email, web, etc.).
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in teams.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.