Deadline: 02 September 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Public Partnership Specialist in United States.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Public Partnership Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Implement the work plan for assigned area, in order to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of results, in accordance with UNICEF’s partnership strategy.
- Seeks and promotes new partnerships and resource mobilization, working with UNICEF colleagues to identify partnership and resource mobilization needs and broker resource mobilization agreements to meet those needs.
- Receives and screens inquiries from potential collaborators and facilitates communication with appropriate UNICEF staff. Scans and scouts external environment within designated partnership area for opportunities and risks and shares information in a timely fashion with relevant UNICEF staff.
- Provides strategic, logistical and programmatic support to senior management and other UNICEF staff in corporate engagement and interaction with assigned partners.
- Develops and maintains deep knowledge and familiarity with current and prospective partners and relevant stakeholders, contributing to a database of key contacts and to UNICEF’s base of knowledge on partnership and resource mobilization.
- Expands UNICEF’s network of key interlocutors to build stronger relationships between UNICEF and governments, other key-decision makers, regional development institutions, foundations, civil society organizations, international financial institutions and/or other relevant constituencies.
- Develops and implements annual partnership engagement and resource mobilization plans.
Applicants must have:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) is required in one of the following fields: international relations, political science, communications, international development, or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: public affairs, programme management, resource mobilization, external relations, business administration/finance or other relevant area.
- Experience working with the World Bank is required
- Diplomatic communication and negotiation skills to establish and maintain trusted partnerships for achievement of objectives and to develop close and effective working relationships with diverse stakeholders is required
- Current knowledge of development issues, strategies, as well as programming policies and procedures in international development cooperation is an asset
- In-depth knowledge of partnership development and resource mobilization is required
- Demonstrated ability to formulate new approaches in respect of resources management and outreach- related activities is required
- Skilled in the identification of new opportunities or requirements to meet challenges in the field and propose changes is an asset
- Knowledge of World Bank programmes, operational modalities, policies and procedures is required
- Strong financial, analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail s required
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to handle concurrent activities efficiently under pressure, with minimum supervision is required
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written is required
- In-depth familiarity with political and governmental processes is an asset
- Ability to conduct sound policy analysis is an asset
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.